Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) Mission Launched On 25th June 2015 Which Intends To Provide Housing For All In Urban Areas By The Year 2022. The Mission Provides Central Assistance To The Implementing Agencies Through States/Union Territories And Central Nodal Agencies (CNAs) For Providing Houses To All Eligible Families/ Beneficiaries Against The Validated Demand For Houses For About 1.12 Cr.
As Per PMAY(U) Guidelines, The Size Of A House For Economically Weaker Section Could Be Up to 30 Sq. Mt. Carpet Area, However States/Uts Have The Flexibility To Enhance The Size Of Houses In Consultation And Approval Of The Ministry.
BENEFICIARIES UNDER THE PRADHAN MANTRI AWAS YOJANA >>
- Beneficiary Family Should Not Own A Pucca House Either In His/Her Name Or In The Name Of Any Member Of His/Her Family In Any Part Of India
- A Beneficiary Family Will Compromise Husband, Wife, Unmarried Sons And/Or Unmarried Daughters.
Identification And Selection Of Beneficiaries Under PMAY >>
- The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) Scheme Caters Mainly To The Housing Requirements Of The Urban Poor. The Scheme Also Caters To The Housing Requirement Of Slum Dwellers Residing In Confined Areas Of Slums With Inadequate Infrastructure, Poor Sanitation And Drinking Facilities.
- Beneficiaries Of PMAY Mainly Include Middle-Income Groups Low-Income Groups And Economically Weaker Section. While The Annual Income For Ews Category Beneficiaries Is Capped At Rs.3 Lakh, The Annual Income Of Lig And Mig Beneficiaries Can Range Between Rs.3-6 Lakh And Rs.6-18 Lakh Respectively.
- While The Beneficiaries From The Ews Category Is Eligible For Complete Assistance Under The Scheme, Beneficiaries From Lig And Lig Categories Are Only Eligible For The Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme Under PMAY.
- In Order To Be Recognised As A Lig Or Ews Beneficiary Under The Scheme, The Applicant Is Required To Submit An Affidavit As Income Proof To The Authority.
|Annual Household income||Up to 3 lakh||3 to 6 lakh||6 to 12 lakh||12 to 18 lakh|
|Interest Rate Subsidy||6.50% p.a.||6.50% p.a.||4.00% p.a.||3.00% p.a.|
|Home Loan Tenure (Max)||20 years||20 years||20 years||20 years|
|Maximum Eligible Home Loan|
Amount To Qualify For Subsidy
|Rs.6 lakh||Rs.6 lakh||Rs.9 lakh||Rs.12 lakh|
|Maximum Interest Subsidy Amount||Rs.2.67 lakh||Rs.2.67 lakh||Rs.2.35 lakh||Rs.2.30 lakh|
|Discount Rate For NPV Calculation Of Interest Subsidy||9.00%||9.00%||9.00%||9.00%|
|Maximum Dwelling Unit Carpet Area||30 sq. m||60 sq. m||160 sq. m||200 sq. m|
PMAY Scheme Eligibility >>
The Government Will Use The Socio-Economic And Caste Census Of 2011 (Secc 2011) To Identify And Select The List Of PMAY Beneficiaries. The Village Panchayats Along With Tehsils Will Be Considered For Consultation Of Beneficiaries Before Making The List Under The Rural Housing Scheme. This Is Going To Be Done In Order To Ensure Transparency Of The Project And Also Make Sure That Only The Deserving Receive The Aid In Housing.
- Any Household With Total Annual Income Between Rs.6 Lakh To Rs.18 Lakh Can Apply For The Pm Awas Yojana. The Applicant Is Allowed To Include The Income Of The Spouse While Applying For This Scheme.
- Indian Citizens Who Are Women May Apply. No Other Demographic Will Be Considered As Long As They Are Women.
- The Beneficiary Can Only Buy A New House In Order To Enjoy Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Benefits. People Who Already Own A House Are Not Eligible To Apply For This Scheme. No Pucca Should Be Owned By The Beneficiary Or Member Of The Family, In Any Part Of The Country.
- People Will Be Allowed To Buy/Construct New Houses Only. One Cannot Avail Pmay Benefits On Already Built House.
- People Who Belong To The Low Income Group I.E. Lig And Economically Weaker Sections Also Known As Ewg In The Society, May Also Apply.
- Scheduled Tribes And Castes Will Also Be Eligible.
- Senior Citizens And Differently Abled Will Be Given Special Priorities For Ground Floor Housing.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE PM AWAS YOJANA ONLINE >>
- Visit The PM Awas Yojana Official Website pmaymis.gov.in
- Find The “Menu” Section, Find The “Citizen Assessment” Option
- Enter Your 12-Digit Aadhaar Card Number
- Once You Have Entered Your Aadhaar Information, You Will Be Redirected To The Application Page
- You Will Be Asked To Enter Your Personal Details, Income Details, Current Residential Address, And Your Bank Account Details
- Enter All Information In The Application
- Click On “I Am Aware Of” Option At The End Of The Page And Click The “Save” Button
- Once You Click The “Save” Option, You Will See A System Generated Application Number Which You Can Save For Future Reference
- Download And Print The Duly-Filed Application
- Submit The Form At Your Nearest CSC Office Centres And Financial Institution/Banks Along With The Required Documents
Before You Fill The PMAY Scheme Application, Make Sure That You Have Checked Your Eligibility And Your Name Is Listed In The Beneficiary List. You Can Check If You Are Eligible By Submitting Your BPL Certificates To The Lending Institution And They Will Notify You If You Are Eligible To Apply For PM Awas Yojana Scheme. Alternatively, You Can Also Check The List Of Beneficiaries Online By Visiting The Official Website. The List Of Beneficiaries Available In The Website Is Periodically Updated. Make Sure You Check The Recent List.
The Online Application Process To Apply For PMAY Scheme Is Very Simple, Convenient, And Saves A Lot Of Time. Make Sure You Have Your Savings Bank Account Details And Your Household Income Details When You Are Applying For Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Online.
How To Edit Your Details After Submitting Application For PMAY
- Visit The Official Website Of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Enter Your Application Reference Number And Your Aadhaar Details
- Click On The “Edit” Option
- You Will Now Be Allowed To Edit Your Application Details
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Emi Calculator >>
To Calculate The EMI Log On To The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Website And Fill In The Following Details: pmaymis.gov.in
- The Total Loan Amount In Rupees
- The Rate Of Interest
- The Total Loan Period In Months
PMAY Customer Care Helpline Numbers >>
- 1800-11-6163 (Urban, Hudco)
- 1800-11-3388 (Urban, Nhb)
- 1800-11-3377 (Urban, Nhb)
- 1800-11-6446 (Gramin)
In Case Of Any Queries Relating To The Application Process, Interest Rates And Any Other Scheme Related Queries, Customers Can Contact The Toll-Free Helpline Number.
Those Facing Any Issues Related To The Application Process Can Contact The Above Toll-Free Numbers According To The Locations.
THIS IS A NOT “OFFICIAL INFORMATION” IF YOU WANT “OFFICIAL INFORMATION” GO TO OFFICIAL WEBSITEpmaymis.gov.in